Monday, February 25, 2008

Yoga attempt

Well, I now believe that Carla is trying to kill me *hehe I made it through about 15 min of the yoga workout. I've realized I really don't have adequate space, but I tried anyway. Watching the video, it didn't seem that difficult. YEA RIGHT........ I survived at least. I do have a question though - for those of you that do this sort of thing - my knees can't handle the floor. I think it comes from years of kneeling on concrete floors when working on computers. That and a few *cough extra pounds. It's truly painful.

On the knitting front, we had our local knitting group meeting this past Saturday. There were 4 of us there. We will be meeting again on the Saturday before Easter. Also, since 3 of the 4 of us are going to knit the Icarus shawl, we are going to start meeting on Thursday evenings at the library - 6pm. This is a knit-along that some of us in Arkansas decided to start. Our start date is March 1st, so the first Thursday after that, feel free to grab your needles and come join us!

Enough for now. I need a shower.....

3 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you have a yoga mat?

Probably one of the reasons your knees 'can't handle' the floor is because you haven't actually knelt on the floor in a very long time. You will get used to it.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Keep trying the workout. You know it's the right thing to do!

Oh, by the way, if the yoga workout you bought 'nearly killed' you, stay FAR away from Mantra Girl for a long time! You could hurt yourself!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Eric S. said...

Oh, I would so LOVE to watch you do Yoga... ;)

Except, knowing you, you'd probably try and talk me into trying it too...and you probably could.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Elo said...

You should get one of those gardening mats at Wal-mart. They work well for knees. See you at the retreat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home