Friday, January 11, 2008

My name is Morandia and I'm an addict

This is from a sock knitters anonymous group I recently joined:

Like any other Anonymous group, we’ve got our 12 steps to accepting and managing our addiction:

1. We admitted we were powerless over our desire to hand-knit socks and stash sock yarn.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our LYSes as we understood Them.
4. Made a searching and fearless accurate inventory of Stashes.
5. Admitted to ravelry, to ourselves, and to other human beings the exact nature of our sock addiction.
6. Were entirely ready to frog any defects of knitting.
7. Humbly asked for knots to be removed from our skeins, hanks, and balls of yarn.
8. Made a list of all patterns we had started, stashed for, or designed on cocktail napkins, and became willing to start/ finish them all.
9. Finished sock WIPs wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them, the yarn, needles, ourselves, or others.
10. Continued to keep a stash inventory and when we buy sock yarn, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through trial and error to improve our conscious contact with sock knitting as we understood It, praying only for knowledge of Turning Heels and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other sock knitters, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

At this point, I think I have only 2 pair of socks on needles, but I'm realizing that my stash of sock yarn is much larger than I had thought.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Eric S. said...

I'm glad to hear you've finally admitted you have a problem. Hopefully, you can get the help you so desperately need now.

I'm here if you need moral support. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home