Monday, January 28, 2008

update

It has been pointed out to me that I haven't updated lately. That's partially because nothing interesting has happened! Oh well. Here's an update anyway

Friday I signed up for the ASU Biggest Loser "competition". It's not a hard-core competition, and I only joined the team component, not the individual. So, the goal of the library team is to lose more weight as a group than any other team at ASU. We'll see how it goes!

We had a "knit-in" at Barnes and Noble here in Jonesboro on Sunday. There were 6 of us there. It was good meeting other knitter/spinners in the area. Granted, 2 of the people came up from the Little Rock area, but still... One of the people there runs a yarn shop in Memphis! We are talking about getting a "knitting weekend" set up. We also discussed starting IcArkansasus - Arkansas Icarus KAL. It is a KAL for Arkansans and others interested in starting the Icarus Shawl from Interweave Knits. The KAL starts on March 1st. Here is a photo of the shawl. So far we have 4 people signed up (4 of the 6 who were at the meeting).

Other than that, school has started, so we are busier at work, plus I'm taking 2 graduate classes, so life is busy. Not enough time for as much knitting/spinning as I'd like. I am trying to finish my "january" pair of socks. I'm part of a group that is knitting a pair of socks a month. I'm getting closer to done, but I don't have much time left. On that note, I'll sign off, hit the shower, then start knitting again!

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Eric S. said...

Good luck with "the biggest loser" competition. :)

Find some time to just be you, please?

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck with biggest loser, that's awesome!

I have to admit a lot of that knitting stuff is over my head, but never mind! (Knit one, pearl two?)

Now about yoga for couch potatoes...

I recommend The Firm Beginners Yoga Kit. The workout is 30 minutes, the kit comes with a block, strap and mat, and the instructor is friendly, calm and encouraging.

Here's a link to a clip:

http://www.collagevideo.com/cart/default.aspx

And you can get it from Walmart or Amazon for about $20.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6958905

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Mark G started this up at PSU about a year ago and I guess the second round of this competition just started at PSU. Hey, cant you knit while riding a cycle machine or walking on the tread mill; food for thought.

TTFN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home