Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Secret Pal 10 questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love merino. Superwash is even better. I'm a big wool fan, although I'd love to try some of the "funky new stuff" - you know, soy, bamboo.. those sorts of things. I love sock yarn, and lace weight yarn! I’m not a big acrylic fan, nor a pure cotton fan, but the worst is Angora. I’m allergic to Angora so I NEVER knit it. Mohair is not a favorite either - too fuzzy.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?


A fishing tackle bag. 90% of my needles are circular and the rest are dpn, so they all fit in it nicely.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I’m not sure when I started knitting. I’d have to say on and off for about 15 yrs. I taught myself from an Elizabeth Zimmermann book. As to my skill level, probably near-advanced except for two-color or intarsia knitting (I have no clue on either)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not really.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love vanilla, peppermint, and sandalwood. How’s that for variety?

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Of course! I LOVE dark chocolate. The darker the better, although 99% is a bit much – and yes I have tried it!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I’m currently trying to learn to spin. I also crochet and have been known to quilt although quilting has been pushed off the stove (beyond the back burner). I'm also an online gamer (MMORPGs), so a bit on the geeky side.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Celtic music is my favorite. I also like quite a bit of country music. I have a computer that will play most anything!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Favorite: Rich Greens, with blues and purples close behind. I’m really not a yellow/orange fan but in very small doses they might be ok.

Currently I'm trying to branch out and get more into earth tones

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my parents and no indoor pets. We have an outdoor raccoon.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I do wear scarves (traditional, not the skinny/vogue ones), hats and mittens, but I’m NOT a poncho fan. I’m a big girl and ponchos just don’t work!!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?


I’m a big sock and lace shawl knitter.

13. What are you knitting right now?


See above: Socks and shawls!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?


Definitely!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?


I’m a bit twisted, so definitely circular! I generally use addi turbos 32", but am looking forward to their new lace needles. That or I want to try knit picks circular needles. Circular needles rock but frequently aren’t very pointy!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes to both! I love my toys!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?


Hmm… Probably a bit over a year.

18. What is your favorite holiday?


Thanksgiving! I love to cook!!!

19. Is there anything that you collect?


Although completely unintentionally, I seem to have acquired a collection of sheep and sheep related things. I also seem to "acquire" teas. I love tea so that's not a bad thing, but it's hard to call something that is consumable a "collection"

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?


I subscribe to vogue knitting. As to patterns I’d love to get my hands on – Heirloom Knitting patterns Cameron Shawl, Rosebud Shawl, and the eagerly anticipated re-release of the Princess Shawl. I've got plenty of sock patterns, so I don't really need more. Actually any shawl pattern is good.

As to needles, I am eagerly anticipating the addi lace needles!! I've heard such wonderful things!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?


I’d love to learn fair-isle knitting

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?


Yes. I’m a womens size 7.5 wide (US size)

23. When is your birthday?

June 24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home