Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I hate grading papers

I teach a 1 credit course in how to use the library. My students turned in their final project yesterday, and still have their final exam coming up.

This person almost made me cry:

1. topic: biology

2. How many books are there in Reference with your topic somewhere in the record?
Question 2 answers
Given Answer: 2.59

3. How many books are there in the library with your topic somewhere in the record? Question 3 answers
Given Answer: 3.2940

4. How many journals are there in the library with your topic somewhere in the record? Question 4 answers
Given Answer: 3.162

pardon the language but HOW THE HELL DID HE GET THOSE NUMBERS??????????

How can you have part of a book? and for the record - the answer to the first one is 49, not even 259 (which I had hoped but still....) GEEZ!

I hate grading papers....

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

ah! I feel your pain!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Onestar said...

Un-hun.

Sounds like this person is good at making up stats...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home