Tuesday, June 27, 2006

socks - I so love socks!


Well, I'm on a serious sock kick... what a great way to start a blog! Nothing like a good sock kick. I've ordered way too much sock yarn from kbrece on ebay. She manages amazing colors in her hand dyed sock yarn!!! My other favorite is Lisa Souza (www. lisaknit.com) - her dye jobs are amazing also!

I've joined a sock knitting group here on yahoo and have started making a pair of Elizabeth's Color Blox Sox. It's a toe-up pattern (which is my favorite kind). I'm making then in a variegated green and a variegated brown from Kbrece. I'll post more pics of my progress soon! I'm alternating the colors (one toe is brown, one green - then switching the colors..) This way the socks will be mates, but opposites. I rather like the idea of "odd" socks. If I want truly matching socks, I'll go to the store and buy them.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make my socks less baggy right at the ankle (not just this pattern, all sock patterns). It's a vertical issue, not a horizontal one that can be solved with ribbing or a smaller needle. It's as if there are too many rows. One suggestion I've had is to lengthen the heel flap. I think I'll give that a try on this pair... we'll see how it turns out.

Actually, I've frogged the heels since I took this pic to change the color sequence, but they are going well! I'm almost ready to start the leg portion! YEA!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new colors better. Makes the page easier to read

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Onestar said...

Interesting colors, but I'll stick with my plain ol' fashioned white tube socks, thanks. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home