Thursday, May 11, 2006

one skein secret pall exchange questions

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?

I tend to go with natural fibers. I love wool, alpaca... things along that line. I am not too fond of cotton though. I guess I'd have to say animal fibers with the exception of angora. I love it but am allergic.

My favorite brand of yarn is by far Toasty Toes... actually anything by interlacements is great stuff...

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?

favorite colors - blue/green/purple - even deep reds.. basically rich jewel tones are my favorite. I'm really not into pastels

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?

Varigated in rich colors is fine, but magic yarns just don't do much for me.... self striping is just not my thing.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?

wool, wool, and more wool...

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?

I tend to use center-pull, but I have a swift and ball winder, so I can easily wind it myself.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?

can't say I've tried organic... but I wouldn't mind... I'd love to try bamboo or something like that

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?

hmm.. I'm just getting back into knitting, so right now I have 2 shawls and 2 pairs of socks on needles.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?

bought yarn for a shawl for a friend as a graduation present - she picked the yarn and pattern

9. What is your favorite one skein project?

I would have to say socks... Living in a warm climate, scarfs are a bit warm most of the year - even fashion ones

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?

well, I have enough for about 3 sweaters and 2 more shawls... plus a few random skeins of sock yarn. right now, it's on a book shelf.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?

nope.. it's all fair game!!!

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?

no change...

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?

nope...

14. Pal, please confirm for me your mailing address (some East Coast zip codes may have lost the beginning Zero value and appear as four digits, and some pals were in the process of moving when they registered).

sent via email to exchange partner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home