Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Knitting and other questions

ohhh.. an interesting knitting questionare.... knitting related but other questions too.. this was originally for a yarn swap, but I found it interesting so thought I'd post it here...

1. What's your knitting skill level? (beginner/adv. beginner/intermediate, etc):

Intermediate... probably advanced in everything but color work.. there I'm a beginner, so it averages out to intermediate

2. How long have you been knitting?

20 yrs with some major breaks

3. What are your favorite fiber colors?

rich jewel tones - greens/blues/purples even deep rich reds (aka - blue/red, not orange/red)

4. Are there any fiber colors that make you want to hurl? If so which?

Actually, most pastels, and orange... the only orange I like is the fruit/fruit juice

5. Other than bran, what are your favorite fibers?

Wool, wool, and more wool!!! Merino is so soft.... but other wools are great too

6. Do you have any unwelcome fibers (stuff you just don't need more of or like?)

Angora - makes me sneezy

7. What is your Dream Yarn, the yarn you are desperate to get your hands on?

Hmm... I love Toasty Toes, but I wish they made solids as well as verigated

8. Novelty yarns: super cool or blight on the earth? How about the stuff made with them?

BLIGHT!!! actually they are fine for others, and I even have a scarf with long eyelashes ( I love it!!) but for me to knit... BLAH!!

9. Talk about your needles! Do you prefer straight or circular needles (are there any sizes you really need)? How about DPNs? Bamboo? Birch? Ebony? Do tell!

I love circulars!! Not into the woods - well, I've only tried bamboo but I hated it!!! The only think I could say I need would be 000, 00, 0 in circulars. I might have 0 in circulars - can't remember - ordered them recently and haven't come in to double check sizes I ordered

10. What is the next thing you want to learn (techniques etc)?

fair isles

11. What item(s) do you knit the most?

probably socks! I also have shawls on needles and a sweater, but socks are my favorite!!

12. What are your favorite items to knit?

er.. socks????

13. What are you knitting right now?

socks... and a sweater, and 2 shawls

Wants and Nots:

14. Do you have any food, fiber, smoke, pet allergies your SP should be aware of?

angora, mushrooms, cats, smoke

15. Do you smoke, have pets, or process peanuts where you store your yarn? If so, please declare them here:

nope

16. Do you have an Amazon.com or knitpicks.com wishlist you'd like to share with your SP (please add URL if applicable)?

hmm.. you can make a knitpicks wishlist????

17. Anything you've been longing for or would really love to get (knitting or not)?

Sean Connery.. er.. did I say that outloud?? hmm.. for knitting, a subscription to a sock of the month club (or bi-monthly). Otherwise dark chocolate!

18. What about stuff you don't need at all?

Hmm.. there is no such thing as too much yarn, so I can't think of anything... actually I think I'm set on needles for now

19. What about knitting accessories?

stitch markers maybe... otherwise I think I'm set

20. Do you have hobbies other than knitting (tv, sports, collectibles, favorite things)?

mmorpgs, reading

21. Are there any books you would like (knitting or not)?

sock books!!!! I have some though.. so guess I should be more picky at this point!

22. Any magazines you would like (knitting or not)?

not really... I'm not a big magazine fan (I already subscribe to all the knitting magazines I need!!!)

23. No matter where you live there's bound to be something you'd like that you can't get your hands on. What is it?

Greenwood Tarot deck and Ambre Tarot deck

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (How about now? Are you singing it now?):

24. Who/What is your favorite...
a. Chocolate: DARK
b. Muppet: Animal or Beaker
c. Cartoon Character: marvin the martian
d. Flower: rose
e. Ice Cream flavor: vanilla or coffee
f. Fragrance: sandlewood or musk
g. Shoes to wear: cowboy boots or athletic shoes - although I prefer barefoot
h. Type of garden: veggie
i. Animal: dog
j. Beverage: water
k. Author: george r r martin at the moment
l. Musician: heather alexander
m. Holiday: thanksgiving
n. Time of Day: early evening
o. Bath or Shower: bath if I have lots of time
p. Country: Scotland
q. Number: 17
r. Card game: spades
s. Candy: not a big candy fan

Getting to know you, getting to know ALL about you (Yeah you're singing it now baby!):

25. How did you learn to knit?

self taught from an EZ book

26. What is your oldest UFO and how old is it? Surely there's a story behind it!

since I recently started knitting again, I'd have to go with a shawl and probably 3 months or so

27. What is the most exciting thiing that happened to you this month, how about this year?

hmm... learning to line dance

28. What is your favorite thing to do to waste time?

read message boards

29. The things that make me the happiest are:

friends, family, chocolate, time to myself

30: If you were a Wild West outlaw what would you call yourself?

yarn bandit?

31. If you were candy would you be sweet, sour, or cinnamon?

gingery probably

32. If you were a fruit which would you be?

pomegranate

33. Are you a Java Junkie? How about a Tea-totaler?

both!!!

34. Your birthday?

june 24

35. Do you have a personal mantra?

not really

36. How do you feel about holidays?

depends on the holiday

37. How do you really feel about socks?

LOVE socks

38. What is your shoe size?

7.5-8W

39. How do you feel about ponchos?

EWWWWW

40. What kind of music (and/or which artists) do you listen to when you are happy?

celtic or country

41. Rate yourself on a girly/fruh fruh factor from 1 - 10:

4

42. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

living with parents, 3 racoons

43. What are a few of your life dreams?

get a PhD, find someone special to share my life with

44. What languages do you speak (besides English, Pig Latin counts)?

just English

45. Hey baby, what's your sign? How about the Chinese Zodiac? Do you read your horoscope or do you think it's all bunk? Anybody think it's bunk and read it anyway? How many questions was that?

Cancer, Sheep. I read it occasionally, but don't take it too seriously

46. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?

Scotland

47. If you could do anything for a living what would it be?

own a yarn/coffee/tea shop with used books also

48. If you could have any "super power" which would it be? What would you use it for?

long life but not seeming to age (don't want to live to 200 and look/act/feel it)

49. You're given $10,000 for traveling. Where do you go and why?

Russia and ride the Trans-Siberian railroad - then to Scotland

50. What's your favourite season?

Winter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home